In conjunction with play testing MatchLord is modelled at every stage of development.
The premise is simply that if computer program code can be written to prove a rule then that rule has to be unambiguous.
Metrics to be collected from modelling
- Issue under test
- Minimum, maximum and average values of game pinch points.
Game Pinch Points
Although enjoyment can not be monetised there are certain factors of MatchLord which can poison it:
- Number of turns in a game
- Number of cards played in a turn
- Number of goals a player may score
- Number of goals a player may save
- Number of times a player can not go
- Number of times a player can not shoot
- Number of times a player can not clear
There is also some interest in
- Number of times a player can finesse
What values these should be is not known but they can be put in perspective by:
- Tallying values with game testing
- Comparison of metrics across rule changes and card scatterings.
- Effect of booster packs.